A relaxing and worry-free way to attend the Sunday Matinée!
Pacific Opera Victoria invites those from out of town to take our Opera Bus to the Sunday Matinée! We run two Opera Buses: one on the Saanich Peninsula and a second Opera Bus for our up-island patrons. Leave the driving to the professionals and relax with other opera lovers. During the trip, you can watch a DVD of Principal Coach Robert Holliston's pre-performance lecture!
The Opera Bus will arrive at the Royal Theatre in time for the 2:30 pm performance.
Tosca Sunday Matinée April 14, 2013
2013/2014 Sunday Matinée Performance Dates
- Falstaff: October 27, 2013
- Ariadne auf Naxos: February 23, 2014
- The Marriage of Figaro: May 4, 2014
Saanich Peninsula Opera Bus pick-up locations and departure times
- Swartz Bay: 12:35 pm. Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
Bus will wait for passengers of the 11 am ferry from Tsawwassen (ETA 12:35 pm). Guests will be met by the Opera Bus host inside the walk-off area at the top of the escalator in the arrivals terminal.
- Sidney: 1:00 pm. Mary Winspear Centre
2243 Beacon Avenue
- Saanichton: 1:20 pm. St. Mary's Church
1973 Cultra Avenue.
Up-Island Opera Bus
- Nanaimo: 11:45 am. Galaxy Theatre
West side of North Town Centre, 4750 Rutherford Road.
- * Nanaimo: 12 noon. Port Theatre
125 Front Street. *Request stop for Gabriola Ferry foot passengers.
- Ladysmith: 12:25 pm. Island Savings Credit Union
Coronation Mall, 370 Trans Canada Hwy.
- Duncan: 12:50 pm. Island Savings Centre
2687 James Street near Hwy 1.
- Mill Bay: 1:00 pm. Island Savings Credit Union
Mill Bay Centre, 2720 Mill Bay Road.
You will arrive at the Royal Theatre in time for the 2:30 pm performance. Return tickets are $25 per person per opera plus the cost of your performance ticket. Reserve your ticket on the Opera Bus by calling 250.385.0222 no later than the Wednesday prior to the Sunday matinée.